Our Tuff Turf Blend provides a beautiful, dark, lush, green appearance for your lawn, in the sun or shade. Turf-Type Tall Fescue is becoming much more popular as new varieties are darker green and finer bladed. The elite varieties that qualify for the Execu-Turf program includes only varieties that have "excellent" to "very good" ratings in NTEP* trials for disease ratings, genetic color, density and over-all turf quality.
Tuff Turf Blend is an excellent blend for new lawns.
- 100% Elite rhizomatous Tall Fescues (3) - self repairing
- Excellent durability for high traffic areas
- Dark green color with finer leaf blades
- Excellent drought and disease tolerance
- Early spring green up
- Only overseed into existing Turf Type Tall Fescue lawns
- Sunlight needed: Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Soil Types: Clay to Sand
- Maintenance: Medium
- Fertility: Medium
- Traffic: Very Good
- New lawn: 8-10 lbs per 1000 sqft
- Over seeding: 4-5 lbs per 1000 sqft **(Overseed only into Tuff Turf or other tall fescue lawns)**
- 350-425 lbs per acre
More things to know:
- Weight of Bag: 50 lbs
- Maximum planting depth: 1/4"-3/8"
- Seeding time: Feb-May & Aug-Oct 20th
- Approx germination time: 10-21 days