Deicers: What You Need to Know When it comes to the deicing and snowmelt work that you do, you want a product that works. Your clients are relying on you to effectively clear their spaces and prevent snow and ice build-up and there is no room for error. However, choosing the right deicer can feel
|Magic Minus Zero ®
Carbohydrate-Based Anti-Icer/De-Icer with Magnesium Chloride
|$4.99 / gallon|
|Nature’s Hot Brine
All Natural Liquid Calcium Chloride with 5% Liquid Magnesium Chloride
|$0.99 / gallon|
|Nature’s Natural Melt
Non-Tracking, Safe on New Concrete
|$13.99 / gallon|
|Tri-Axle/Rock Salt||$99.99 per ton Delivered (22-25 tons)*|
|Tri-Axle/Magic Salt ®||$139.99 per ton Delivered (22-25 tons)*|
|Rock Salt, price per scoop||$119.99 (approx. 2,000 pounds)|
|Magic Salt ®, price per scoop||$159.99 (approx. 2,100 pounds)|
|Pallet Price||Individual Price|
|Magic Salt ®||$13.75 / bag||$15.75 / bag|
|Hot Rock EcoGuard+CMA
Purple, Magnesium Chloride Coated Rock Salt
|$9.99 / bag||$11.99 / bag|
|Morton’s Ice Melter Pro, Blue||$10.99 / bag||$12.99 / bag|
|Calcium Chloride||$16.99 / bag||$18.99 / bag|
*Bulk load delivery prices good in Jefferson County only
*Multi-Pallet/Multi-Tonage Discounts Available, Please Contact Tom at (502) 442-7668
Magic-0® by ProMelt
Magic-0 by ProMelt liquid concentrate is a proprietary blend of magnesium chloride and feed grade molasses. Magic-0 by Promelt is a versatile de-icing liquid that can be used for anti-icing, onboard pre-wetting, pre-treating salt or to enhance salt brine.
Features and Benefits:
Magic-0 by Promelt is a premium liquid de-icer that is economical and delivers superior performance in colder environments with a eutectic point of approximately -49F.
- Salt pretreated or pre-wetted with Magic-0 by ProMelt works at lower temperatures than traditional dry salt.
- Magic-0 by ProMelt reduces bounce and scatter thereby reducing salt application rates which saves time, labor, fuel and materials.
- Meets the stringent requirements of the PNS (Pacific Northwest Snowfighters) for corrosion, toxicity and performance.
- Magic-0 by ProMelt can also be used as an enhancer to salt brines to reduce corrosion, lower freeze points and increase working time.
- Strong residual effect provides lasting performance and reduces chloride brine runoff.
Typical Product Application Rates
Magic-0 by ProMelt is specifically designed for anti-icing, direct application de-icing, frost prevention and prewetting of solids. Typical liquid application guidelines are:
Application rates of 16-29 gallons per lane mile are typical. Up to 38 gallons per lane mile should be considered the maximum in any anti-icing situation.
Direct Liquid Application De-icing
Application rates of 38-42 gallons per lane mile.
Application rates of 5-15 gallons per ton of substrate, depending upon the solid used and the performance objective.
Over 8 times less corrosive than regular rock salt, when tested on metal.
Metal Corrosion Tendency
Comparative Effective Temperatures During Dilution
Magic Salt ®
Features and Benefits:
- Magic Salt® can only be made by treating rock salt with Magic-0®.
- Magic Salt® delivers superior ice melting results at temperatures as low as -25F.
- Treated with a high-performance blend of feed grade molasses and magnesium chloride, it melts snow and ice fast with long-lasting results.
- Premium Liquid coated crystals for immediate melting
- Safe for pets, plants and people
- Use 20-40% less product than regular rock salt
- Long-lasting performance reduces re-application frequency
Hot Rock by Eco Guard
- Screened to size and dyed bright in color for optimum spreadability.
- Sodium chloride coated with a liquid magnesium chloride and organic corn derived ice melter.
- Organic product builds in pavement each application to provide residual ice melting throughout winter.
- residual build up of ice melter in pavement results in less chlorides used.
- Effective to -20° Fahrenheit
Made With ECO SMART Technology
A proprietary coating of organic corn derived and magnesium chloride ice melt liquid blend results in less corrosion by creating a barrier between the salt and metal.
LESS BOUNCE & SCATTER
The organically derived liquid coating acts as a tackifier while also adding weight to each ice melting crystal resulting in less bounce & scatter.
The organically derived liquid coating creates a build up of the ice melter in the pavement throughout winter as it is applied creating a residual effect and a longer lasting melt.
PREVENTS ICE BONDING
The build up of the organically derived liquid coating acts as an anti-stick barrier (similar to butter in a hot pan) Decreasing snow & ice hard pack & allowing the pavement to be scrapped clean.
SAFER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
The result of applying less ice melter (Chlorides) due to less bounce and scatter and a longer lasting residual effect make this product safer for the environment compared to rock salt & calcium chloride.
* Each salt crystal is coated with a de-icing liquid from a refined corn carbohydrate derivative blended with magnesium chloride.
I was looking for landscaping rocks and impressed with their selection and prices.
Great place for buying landscaping plants, wide variety of rocks, gravel, soils, mulches by the scoop. These folks are organized and friendly.
One of the best landscape supply companies in the city. Friendly and knowledgeable staff can handle all your needs. Wether you’re a commercial landscaper or a home owner, Natures Mulch has what you need. Truly a great experience doing business with them.
Super friendly and reliable! I had them deliver top soil to my house and the delivery driver they sent was super friendly, quick, and respectful! I couldn’t have asked for a better or easier experience! Absolutely recommend!
SUCH A GREAT PLACE. The owners are so sweet, helpful, and outgoing. They have a good eye for design. They are patient and really know their products. They helped convert my garden into a beautiful front landscape.
I was so impressed. I had a very rare question about the rocks that I needed for aquaponics. They took the trouble to actually buy materials that day to conduct a test so they could find out the answer, even before they knew if I’d be buying. Such amazing service! I will always go to them for my landscaping needs.
Needed mulch fast and I wanted to avoid the big box stores. I called Nature’s Mulch and had a great conversation with the sales lady and we figured out just how much I needed. This was late in the day yet the mulch was delivered to my house the very next afternoon. Great service, great prices. I will definitely be back!
I called Nature’s mulch, and the customer service was excellent, speaking with the young lady on the phone, we were able to figure exactly the amount of mulch needed. It was ordered and delivered without any problems that very day. The price was extremely reasonable, and my son and I spread it that. Ive used Nature’s mulch before and highly recommend them. A quality product at a quality price.
I just used them for the fourth time and it was perfect every time from sale to delivery!
Had a great mulch experience here! They were easy to get ahold of, delivered mulch, and even checked in the day of to make sure everything had gone smoothly. Great customer service and will be using them again!